Nanopore sequencing, the only technology that offers:
- The only technology that sequences the native strand, without optics or amplification. Simpler workflows, direct epigenetic information.
- Real time streaming of sequence data allows rapid insight into samples, on-demand sequencing and dynamic workflows.
- No capital cost required
- Determined only by fragment length: as many as 2 million bases may be sequenced in single continuous reads.
- A scalable array allows the same nanopore sequencing technology to be deployed in modular devices of different sizes, so there is always the right tool for your needs.
- 10 minute library prep options, or VolTRAX for automated, programmable preparation.
- MinION/GridION can now yield 10s Gb per flow cell. PromethION is now commercially available, designed for terabase yields of long read data, in modular format for on-demand workflows.
Our goal is to enable the analysis of any living thing, by any person, in any environment.
Oxford Nanopore Technologies has developed the world's first and only nanopore DNA sequencer, the MinION. The MinION is a portable, real time, long-read, low cost device that has been designed to bring easy biological analyses to anyone, whether in scientific research, education or a range of real world applications such as disease/pathogen surveillance, environmental monitoring, food chain surveillance, self-quantification or even microgravity biology...read more