PromethION offers the same real-time, long-read, direct DNA and RNA sequencing technology as MinION and GridION, at much larger scale. It is now available in the PromethION Early Access Programme (PEAP)
PromethION is a standalone benchtop system designed to run up to 48 flow cells at any time. The system allows on-demand sequencing. Users can start and stop running individual experiments as required, or deploy multiple flow cells onto single experiments for greater speed or throughput.
Integrated compute allows real-time basecalling and onward analysis.
Each of the 48 Flow Cells allows up to 3,000 nanopores to be sequencing simultaneously, with a potential to yield up to 12 Tb in 48 hours for the whole device. Flow Cells can be run individually or concurrently. (This compares to up to 512 nanopores for a single MinION Flow Cell.)
No capital expenditure is required. PromethION is designed to enable sub-$1,000 nanopore-only human genomes.View IT requirements
PromethION release plan
PromethION system overview
The PromethION includes two modules:
- 48 individually addressable flow cells,
- Each flow cell uses a new ASIC controlling 3,000 channels, ~ 6x that of a MinION or GridION flow cell.
- 4 sample inputs per flow cell, allowing loading of up to 192 libraries across the whole device
- Sample loading compatible with multi-channel pipettes
PromethION uses the same nanopore sequencing technology as MinION/GridION:
- Flow Cells compatible with all gDNA, RNA and cDNA Library preparation kits
- Sample input amount is the same as MinION/ GridION
- Integrated basecall accelerators
- Real-time data analysis in the device
Read data available and processed in real time.
PromethION compute module
Inside the box...
|Power||2 kW maximum power consumption|
|Compute spec:||8 Tb SSD storage.
Latest Gen CPU for OS and orchestration.
State of the art basecall accelerator.
|Pre-loaded software||Linux OS, GridION OS
|Connections||Dual 10 Gbps Fibre or Ethernet (20 Gbps bandwidth)|