MinIT has now been replaced by the MinION Mk1C, which combines the real-time, portable sequencing of MinION, with powerful integrated compute, a high-resolution touchscreen, and full connectivity.
Eliminating the need for a dedicated laptop for nanopore sequencing with MinION.
MinIT is a companion to the MinION personal DNA/RNA sequencer. It is pre-configured with the software that controls the MinION (MinKNOW), carries out data acquisition and performs basecalling. As a self-contained unit, MinIT can be purchased at the same time as the starter pack, eliminating the need for a dedicated laptop or as a standalone unit to replace the current laptop if an upgrade is needed. Whether working in remote locations or in laboratories, this is a small footprint and easy to implement solution.
MinIT is also designed to work with Flongle, an adaptor for MinION that enables repeat, smaller sequencing tests.
- Pre-installed software: Linux OS, MinKNOW, Guppy, EPI2ME
- Wi-Fi enabled; you can control your experiments using a laptop, tablet or smartphone
- fastq or fast5 files are written to Onboard storage: 512 GB SSD
- Processing: GPU accelerators (ARM processor 6 cores, 256 Core GPU), 8 GB RAM.
- Small footprint, 290g
- 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x USB 3.0 port and 1 x Ethernet port (1 Gbit capacity)