Adapting MinION for smaller, frequent, rapid tests and analyses
Flongle is an adapter (flow cell dongle) for MinION or GridION that enables direct, real-time DNA or RNA sequencing on smaller, single-use flow cells.
Providing access to sequence data as soon your experiment starts, Flongle is designed to be the quickest, most accessible and cost-efficient sequencing system for smaller tests and experiments.Buy now
Choose Flongle if:
- You have smaller samples that you would like to analyse. e.g. amplicons, smaller genomes or targeted regions
- You prefer to run single samples rather than multiplexing/barcoding
- You would like to perform rapid quality checking of a sample before starting a larger experiment
- You’re interested in testing, whether in diagnostics*, public health*, agriculture, food or water, species ID or other applications
Flongle uses the same core nanopore technology as MinION, GridION and PromethION, offering direct DNA or RNA analysis, simple preparation, real-time data and long reads.
- Library preparation can be performed in ten minutes and Oxford Nanopore is also developing automated preparation solutions.
- Loading and running Flongle is simple – pipettes are not required for loading.
- Basecalling can be performed using a local PC/laptop or with MinIT. Onward analysis is possible in real time for rapid results.
Flongle is a flow cell dongle and is compatible with both MinION and GridION
The Flongle adapter is compatible with both MinION and GridION, allowing:
- Occasional smaller tests
- Experiments outside the lab or in field
- Or larger numbers of individual tests on GridION
Each Flongle Flow Cell contains 126 channels, compared to MinION’s 512. As yields have increased for MinION, Flongle is a good option for researchers for whom MinION yields are now too high.
The first starter pack for Flongle includes a Flongle adapter and 48 flow cells that can be scheduled over 12 months. A broader range of packs will be available in the future.
*Please note Flongle is currently for research use only.