Nanopore sequencing offers advantages in all areas of research. Our offering includes DNA sequencing, as well as RNA and gene expression analysis and future technology for analysing proteins.
You can contact our Customer Services and Technical Services teams round the clock using the contact support function.
What should you do if your Flow Cell has QC'd below the stated warranty amount?
1. Remove the flow cell from the device and let it cool for a few minutes. If using a Flongle then remove the adaptor too.
2. If you are using a Mk1B then unplug from the computer and reboot the computer. For all other devices reboot the device.
3. Insert the flow cell (and adaptor if using Flongle), ensuring you exert moderate downwards pressure so that the ASIC chip makes good contact with the device.
4. Relaunch the software and plug the MinION into the computer if using the Mk1B.
5. Repeat the Platform QC/flow cell check.
If the pore number remains below the stated warranty amount, please do the following as this could result from the presence of a bubble near the electrode, located in the inlet channel, preventing current flow to the pore array area:
1. Remove 15-20 uL of buffer from the priming port, with the priming port completely open. For MinION flow cells ensure that the Spot-On port is covered. There is enough buffer in the outlet channel so that even if you remove about 20 uL, the flow cell will still be covered with liquid at all times.
2. Repeat the Platform QC to see if you obtain different results.
Please note that exposure to air or freezing will irreversibly damage the pores. So please ensure the pore area is always covered with buffer during flow cell handling and the storage is within the 2-8 °C range (storage instructions here).
Don’t worry when you check your flow cell if it looks like there is liquid condensation inside the packaging – this is purely a cosmetic issue and does not affect flow cell performance.
Our packaging contains moisture control technology that ensures the flow cells are environmentally controlled during shipping and storage.
Flow cells that fail to pass QC within 12 weeks of arrival can be reported by contacting the support team via Live Chat on our website.
Please report any flow cells that fail to pass QC within two business days of the initial flow cell check.