A complete, portable device for sequencing analysis.
The MinION Mk1c combines the real-time, rapid, portable sequencing of MinION and Flongle with real-time, powerful GPU based computing and a high resolution screen, in one portable device.
MinION Mk1c is designed to enable rapid DNA/RNA sequencing in any environment, with simple hardware. We have designed it to support our goal of enabling the analysis of any living thing, by any person, in any environment.
MinION Mk1C can run MinION flow cells, or using the Flongle adapter it can run smaller Flongle flow cells.
Choose Mk1c if:
- You would like a solution for long read, high fidelity, direct DNA or RNA sequencing
- MinION flow cells: With powerful throughput (as much as 30Gb per flow cell) and excellent value (from $500 per flow cell)
- Flongle flow cells: For rapid, smaller tests with low cost per flow cell (~$100 per flow cell)
- You would like a simple hardware solution that does not require laptop or computer to run the device, manage the experiment or perform analysis (all integrated into Mk1c)
- You would like to take sequencing out of a lab environment and into the field
MinION Mk1c workflow
MinION Mk1c uses the same core nanopore technology as MinION, GridION, PromethION and Flongle, offering direct DNA or RNA analysis, simple preparation, real-time data and long reads.
- Library preparation can be performed in ten minutes and Oxford Nanopore is also developing automated preparation solutions.
- Loading and running your sample using MinION Mk1c, whether with MinION or Flongle flow cells, is simple
- Basecalling and onwards analysis can be performed using the onboard compute in Mk1c.