What is PEAP?
The PromethION is a nanopore-based desktop device for high-throughput, high sample-number analysis of biological molecules such as DNA and RNA. While the same technology as the MinION and GridION is utilised, the throughput of the PromethION is orders of magnitude higher than other nanopore sequencing devices.
PromethION is now being used by participants in the PromethION Early Access Programme (PEAP), who receive a PromethION device, remote installation support a number of PromethION Flow Cells and reagent kits to validate the technology. Users interested in buying PromethION can purchase their bundle here. Users need to ensure that they are part of the nanopore community - join here.
Please contact a member of the customer services team if you need any assistance or additional information to arrange the payment of this fee. PEAP Bundle delivery subject to availability.
Getting ready for PromethION
Before delivery, we will get in touch to discuss:
- Laboratory Requirements
- IT and Networking Infrastructure required
- Data Analysis and Base calling information
- The latest laboratory protocols through the PEAP Community Channel
If you believe your infrastructure support will require more time to complete any upgrades then please speak to the PromethION team at Oxford Nanopore.
In 2014, Oxford Nanopore introduced the portable MinION to hundreds of users through the MinION Access Programme. During this time the performance and usability of the MinION improved exponentially. MinION was made commercially available in 2015 and improvements are still rolled out continuously.
In a similar pattern, we are driving rapid PromethION iteration cycles to reach full functionality. in early 2018, PEAP participants are now being migrated from alpha/beta to beta devices, allowing large scale analyses to be performed. We will deliver continuous releases towards full functionality.
Your PEAP journeyBuy PromethION
Begins when your device is scheduled (approx 8 weeks before shipping)
An initial call will cover:
- Introduction to the team and the process
- Laboratory and IT Infrastructure requirements
- Expected delivery times
Protocol development and validation
- Discuss sample type and best library preparation approach for end goal with PromethION
- Commence protocol validation on MinION
Once the instrument is ready to ship a verification call covering:
- Site readiness for PromethION
- Progress on protocol validation
- Shipping and documentation ready
PromethION installation and configuration
PromethION shipped and delivered
- Verification that device shipped correctly (20 Mins)
- Installation into local Network and Storage (Site dependent)
- Run a CTC experiment to test data path (1 hour)
PromethION flow cells shipped
At this point an installation charge and annual compute support are chargeable.
- Lambda available as a control and can be run on a whole flow cell or in one chamber
- Running of own sample with MinION as a Control