Mechanical & Production Engineers
Oxford Nanopore Technologies is a rapidly-growing, dynamic company developing and commercialising a new generation of nanopore-based electronic systems for analysis of single molecules, including DNA, RNA and proteins.
We’re currently looking for talented mechanical/production engineers from graduate to senior level with excellent work ethic and communication skills to join our growing, innovative business.
You will be encouraged to be self-sufficient and involved from day one with a very supportive and capable team behind you. You will have the opportunity to work on interesting projects and be given every opportunity to develop your skills and experience further.
What the role involves…
- Apply theoretical knowledge of design principles, and issues contributed by the R&D teams, for solving technical problems.
- Design system components, with understanding of how they could be translated to high volume manufacture.
- Build proof of principle models
- Participate in team ideation sessions with other team members and participate in periodic design reviews of projects.
- Be accountable for the success of assigned tasks and deliverables including planning, implementation, monitoring.
- Create/develop new test methods, statistical experiments, limited verification studies
- Develop innovative and feasible solutions at the component & system assembly level of design for teams within the organisation as required
- Necessary to be capable of development of detailed CAD models and drawings for internal and external manufacture.
- Have a strong commercial focus, with strong supplier management ability
- Demonstrated leadership potential to co-ordinate and manage projects and teams.
- Experience of working within an ISO environment (13485, 9001)
What we are looking for…
- Confidence, motivation and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude with good attention to detail
- Can work well both independently and with others
- A good understanding of engineering practices and industry standards / quality systems and ISO…..
- Good IT skills and commercial awareness with appreciate for
- A degree or HND in relevant discipline and / or proven experience
Please specify in your cover letter whether your application is for a Mechanical or Production Engineer position.Apply now
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Oxford, UK
Oxford Nanopore Technologies is a rapidly-growing, dynamic new company seeking a highly experienced individual to join as the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. This challenging role will play a pivotal part in the process of designing a new generation of nanopore-based electronic systems for analysis of single molecules including DNA, RNA and proteins. We are looking for a self-motivating, innovative Mechanical Design Engineer who is capable of excelling in a stand-alone function within the organisation whilst engaging with the vision and pioneeing technology of Oxford Nanopore across a multi-disciplinary team.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have at least 5 years industrial experience, preferably in the design and development of scientific instrumentation, automated production equipment or medical devices. With an in-depth knowledge of CAD Systems (Solid Works, ProE or Catia), familiarity with the application of risk analysis and design for manufacture. Desirable would be experience of electronic assembly methods and knowledge of medical devices/biotechnology.
Ideal candidates will be skilled in the design of methodologies used in fluidics control and complex moulded assemblies; a familiarity with designing of automated manufacturing equipment would be an advantage.
The candidate will be expected to design and develop mechanical systems and assemblies for a single molecule detection platform and equipment used in its manufacture, their responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Have the ability to take concept ideas from non-engineering sources and translate these ideas into manufacture-able products.
- Project management of high profile development projects to tight deadlines ensuring all stakeholders are informed and design requirements are satisfied.
- To work with other members of the product development team to translate product requirements into engineering product specifications.
- Design and development of mechanical systems including layout design through to detailed design and evaluation.
- Breakdown development into functional areas and source prototypes for feasibility tests, debugging and rapid development.
- To support and trouble-shoot the introduction of new products and in particular pilot batches into manufacturing.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.Apply now