Wed 21st August - Thu 22nd August 2019
Hear about the latest tech updates from Oxford Nanopore as well as hearing from local users about their most recent work using nanopore technology.
There is no delegate fee for this event.
Your place at this event will be confirmed via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Completion of this form does not constitute confirmation. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Day 1 : Wednesday 21st August (13:30 - 19:30)
This seminar will consist of an introduction to Nanopore Sequencing, including the basics and some tips on getting started.
13:30 - 14:20 Basics of Nanopore sequencing, Takahisa Furukawa, Oxford Nanopore Technologies
14:20 - 15:10 Live sequencing demo, Jihye Kim, Oxford Nanopore Technologies
15:10 - 15:30 Coffee break
15:30 - 16:00 Educational session, Kotaro Aoki, Toho University
16:00 - 17:40 Sequencing projects from certified Oxford Nanopore service providers
17:40 - 18:00 Live sequencing results
18:00 - 19:30 Drinks, canapés and networking
Day 2 : Thursday 22nd August 2019 (10:00 - 18:30)
Agenda is yet to be finalised. Confirmed speakers include:
- Akihiro Fujimoto, Tokyo University
- Cheryl L. Ames, Tohoku University
- Kazuharu Arakawa, Keio University
- Ken Naito, Agriculture Research Organization, Genetic Resource Center
- Satomi Mitsuhashi, Yokohama City University
- Shinya Nishio, Shinshu University
- Yoshihiko Hoshino, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Yoshikazu Furuta, Hokkaido University
- Yutaka Suzuki, Tokyo University
The speaker list is subject to change.
Type of Event: