Software Engineer (Python)
We are seeking a talented Python software engineer with a background in bioinformatics to deliver real-time applications on Oxford Nanopore’s sequencing devices, with a focus on the upcoming MinIT device.
We would like to augment Oxford Nanopore’s real-time DNA / RNA sequencing with real-time bioinformatics analysis that enables direct feedback to and control of our sequencing devices. As a member of the development team, you will possess strong coding and analytical skills, working effectively to develop new applications as part of a small team.
You will be responsible for maintaining best practices and ensuring our applications meet the standards our customers expect, evaluating and improving them where necessary.
What We Are Looking For
Your personal vision and strong interpersonal skills will enable you to communicate complex concepts clearly to non-specialists, as well as grasping unfamiliar concepts yourself when interacting with our research teams.
- Significant Python software development experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience of real-time service / control software development and optimisation.
- Experience working as part of a development team utilising modern software development tools and processes.
- Knowledge of signal processing, electronic engineering, Linux, or embedded systems a plus.
- Experience of/interest in bioinformatics
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.