Characterising RNA viruses and viral epidemiology
Oxford Nanopore sequencing combines full-length transcripts, real-time analysis, and direct RNA genome sequencing for a new approach to RNA virus characterisation. Unlike traditional ‘RNA Seq’, nanopore enables direct RNA sequencing. Viral RNA molecules pass directly through a nanopore, allowing RNA bases and base modifications to be sequenced directly.
- Full viral RNA sequence in one read for faster identification
- Portable device and kits for field-based rapid characterisation of RNA viruses
- Choice of either direct RNA approach or cDNA
- PCR-free cDNA options
- Rapid identification from mixed samples, using full-length viral sequences
- Rapid analysis of multiplexed samples