We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Platform Development Team as a Linux Platform Engineer.
This exciting and challenging role involves the development, debugging and support of the core hardware and software systems that our sequence platforms run on.
In this role, you'll be supporting and ultimately shaping the design of our systems. Your limits will be tested as you push the performance boundaries, utilising cutting edge technology, to ensure our systems can keep up with our revolutionary sequencers.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Platform Engineering. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting GridION x5, MinIT, Mk1C and PromethION sequencers throughout build, test and QA
- System stability, utilisation and availability
- Installation automation at scale
What We're Looking For...
We'll expect you to have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating strong organisational and problem-solving capability. You'll also be self-motivated, with the ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams within the Company.
You'll also be able to demonstrate knowledge across the following:
- Expertise in Linux (primarily Debian/Ubuntu based systems)
- Linux storage technologies and filesystems (Ext4/ZFS/mdadm)
- Networking (TCP/IP, SSH, DNS, HTTP)
- Hardware (Desktop and server architecture)
- Shell scripting
It would also be helpful if you had experience with the following:
- Front end development
- Hardware and system performance tuning
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.