We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to join the Technical Support team as a Technical Support Specialist. This role will suit someone with a strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Technical Services this exciting and challenging role involves providing an effective and high-quality level of technical customer support. The Technical Support Specialist will assist with customer case logging, triaging and distribution as well as handling basic customer queries and providing technical information. You'll analyse inbound technical emails, record cases in the CRM system and determine and escalate priority issues. The role involves occasional travel.
Other responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting complex problems, both independently and in consultation with the Applications groups
- Tracking, recording and documenting relevant information from all technical enquiries from customers
- Receiving training and providing technical support on products and related applications
- Delivering training when required in collaboration with the Technical Application Specialist team
- Working collaboratively with senior team members to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Monitoring and responding to live chat enquiries
- Maintaining and nurturing the Nanopore community, making sure all relevant and up to date information is provided to the user
What We're Looking For:
We'll expect you to have an MSc or equivalent in life sciences and lab experience with proven knowledge and understanding of genetics, molecular biology, cell biology and related fields.
This role will suit someone comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with the ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time. Your communication and interpersonal skills are a key strength, and you have the technical competency to understand and discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; and to provide information back to customers in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner. You have excellent troubleshooting, writing and editing skills and if you've had some prior experience of giving presentations or teaching or training other scientists, this would be useful. You're also able to work effectively both with internal departments and internationally and have an approachable manner that encourages interaction.
In addition, you're a competent user of Microsoft Office. Experience with SalesForce or a similar CRM database would be beneficial, and if you're familiar with data visualisation and analysis techniques and programming languages such as R, Python (Numpy, Pandas), this would also be helpful.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.