We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Distribution Sales Associate/Manager to join a global team of experienced sales and business development professionals to drive sales growth and awareness of ONT and to set strategic direction.
Reporting to the Senior Distribution Manager (China), the Distribution Sales Associate/Manager will join a global team of experienced sales and business development professionals to actively drive sales growth and awareness of Oxford Nanopore Technologies. The successful candidate will be responsible, along with the Senior Distribution Manager and Associate Director for Sales in the region, for implementing a strategic business plan and delivering to agreed commercial targets within the Territory. This role will focus on driving sales growth through established Dealer networks and new customers in China.
The position will be supported broadly by the ONT Commercial division, including Business Operations, Customer and Technical Support and the Marcomms teams and by the Associate Director (Business Manager) in China. To achieve role objectives, you will be expected to undertake frequent travel and to live in China.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting new and established distribution/dealer networks capable of meeting defined commercial targets in agreed regions
- Monitoring each dealer's performance and plan necessary actions to ensure performance expectations are met
- Ensuring that dealers are regularly provided with well-informed product updates
- Ensuring that dealers adhere to best practices as set out together with the Senior Distribution Manager
- Arranging and managing technology training for Distributors, working together with the Technical Support team
- Supporting the local Inside Sales team to receive sales prospective information from each dealer base
- Working with the Customer Support team to prioritise and manage concerns reported by dealers promptly
- Understanding of funding cycles and decision-making process in Territory
- Adhering to best practices for tracking, recording and documenting relevant commercial intelligence from all dealer interactions and customer interactions
What We're Looking For...
We'll expect you to have a BSc preferably in Life Sciences and proven abilities as a commercial professional working with or managing sales channels in China. You'll have a positive, can-do attitude and are a strong communicator in both Chinese and English enabling you to effectively engage with customers and internal stakeholders across multi-disciplinary and international teams.
Ideally, you'll have experience working with research/life science departments, knowledge of the life sciences and proven abilities in selling complex products or services. You know your way around CRM systems, are commercially astute with the ability to work to budgets, and you have excellent local knowledge of Chinese best business practices. You're also an excellent negotiator with strong organisation and time management skills.
This role will suit someone keen to join a disruptive, cutting-edge high-tech organisation and who is confident working under pressure with minimum supervision in a matrixed sales and service environment.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.