Commercial Ops1 VACANCY
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Supply Chain Team as a Procurement Manager.This exciting and challenging role is responsible for managing the procurement process including supplier and contracts management, to ensure purchasing at the best price for products and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director, the successful candidate will lead supplier management and develop collaborative relationships with key suppliers to maximise quality and service and minimise risk.
Develop and manage contracts with suppliers ensuring key success criteria is part of the agreement and managing these through regular supplier reviews.
- Bid/Tender and RFI/RFQ evaluation and validation
- Negotiate contracts and pricing on a total cost basis
- Monitor commodity trends and availability
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring products and/or services to business requirements
- Identify, research, audit and approve potential new suppliers
- Build, improve and manage relationship with suppliers
- Development, improve and maintain supplier performance and metrics
- Monitor, reduce/mitigate and manage risks and exceptions
- Develop, improve and maintain the Procurement ERP module and database reporting
- Develop, improve and maintain the Procurement process and supporting documentation
- Develop, improve and maintain a supplier compliance framework in line with business policies and regulatory requirements
What We Are Looking For…..
The Procurement Manager will have…
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with the capability to problem solve and negotiate. They will be self-motivated, and highly experienced in purchasing within a fast-paced and agile environment.
The candidate will be educated to BSc, in Business Management or Supply Chain Management / CIPS certified with several years of experience in a manufacturing chemicals/mechanical parts/electronics environment.
Skilled in analysing data and demonstrate ability to translate and communicate into multiple formats
Working knowledge of BOM’s, manufacturing processes and operations
Experienced in Contract Management and negotiating material costs with suppliers and delivering savings from the supply base to the business.
Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer order fulfilment
Proven people skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level and work collaboratively with peers.
Highly skilled communicator and able to form and maintain good relationships both internally and externally.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.Apply now