Technical Support (Oxford, UK)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Commercial Team as Technical Support. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for providing a high quality level of technical support and representation for Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd.’s products, ensuring the successful application of the products to customers’ research. Thereby, strengthening the company’s relationships with scientists and encouraging them to view ONT as the preferred supplier of solutions for their work.
As a Technical Support Specialist you will provide support to assist with customer case logging, triaging, and distribution. You will also handle basic customer queries and provide technical information focusing on ONT’s technology, analyse inbound technical emails, live chat, community, record cases in CRM system, determine case priority and escalation requirements, and triage between Customer Solutions Department as required. This is a fast-paced, multi-tasking position. As a key member of the Customer Solutions Team you will also assist in the development and improvement of key commercial processes to ensure that ONT provides customers with world class technical support.
The ideal candidate will have genetics or molecular biology experience and has worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team encompassing the whole experimental cycle from sample collection through to analysis. Previous experience in a technical support role is desired but not essential.
- Provide high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers in territories and provide effective back-up technical support to other regions through thorough knowledge of ONT’s products and effective communication of applications related to these products.
- Troubleshooting problems, both independently, and in consultation with Applications group and others at ONT
- Track, record and document relevant information from all technical enquiries from customers and prospective customers into the CRM.
- Actively participate in following up enquiries from customers for further information on how ONT’s products can help them in their research.
- Receive training and provide technical support on products and related applications.
- Participate in the organisation and running of meetings, seminars and training courses for ONT employees to ensure knowledge from customers is captured and assimilated into knowledge database
- Learn and implement new methods of clarifying scientists’ situations, identifying their problems, uncovering their needs and suggesting effective working solutions based on ONT’s products.
- Ensure the effective communication of digital product and technical information on request by customers.
- Actively participate in the development and support of strong relationships with customers collaborating with the Technical Applications Specialist.
- Some travel may be required (up to 10%)
- Responsible for the quality of the information in the customer CRM database.
- Work together with Technical Applications Specialists to provide high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers
- Work collaboratively with senior field team to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Establishes and maintains strong, positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Positively contribute to the successful building and development of the Customer Solutions team.
- Contribute to the effective running of the technical support team.
- Assist in group projects as required/provide back up to customer services as required.
- To design and build appropriate technical solutions to support Nanopore users in collaboration with Product Management team
What We Are Looking For…
You will have a minimum of 3 years’ lab or relevant experience with proven knowledge and understanding of genetics, molecular biology, cell biology and related fields.
Technical support experience with a NGS company or relevant industry is desired but not essential.
Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching or training other scientist is also requested.
You will be educated to min. BSc or MsC level, with previous experience of working with MS Officel.
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to customers in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
- proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and project both during face to face and telephone interactions.
- strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction, the ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time with excellent troubleshooting, writing and editing skills
This role would suit a research/graduate scientist looking for their first commercial role as well as someone that would like continuing developing their commercial role further.
Full training and support will be given. The candidate should have both theoretical knowledge and practical experience of novel experimental design, appropriate sample preparation methodologies (DNA isolation, fragmentation etc.) and appropriate analysis leading to new ways of measuring biological phenomena.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.Apply now