We are looking for a talented individual to join as a Dev Ops Engineer. You'll support ONT information systems for production and development and be responsible for maintaining and deploying infrastructures such as databases and web applications.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Data Engineering and working as part of our Information Systems team, you'll carry out the following activities:
- Work closely with developers to develop automated methods for deployment and maintenance of their solutions
- Build and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
- Maintain infrastructure on premises and in cloud
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team to manage hardware
- Work closely with the rest of the team to develop and enhance the software
What We're Looking For...
We'll expect you to have had experience maintaining operational services in AWS, and be familiar with deployment orchestration tools and continuous integration and delivery systems. You'll also have experience in Linux system administration and Docker. Ideally, you'll be AWS certified and have a degree in a numerate discipline.
Experience and skills in the following would also be beneficial:
- Software development in a high-level language
- Mixed cloud and on-premises environments
- Database (NoSQL and RDBMS)
- ELK stack or similar monitoring system
- Resilient web-based applications
- Python application servers
This role will suit someone who wants to work in a fast-moving agile and collaborative environment and who enjoys new challenges and the ability to apply creative solutions to problems.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.